Spring break can still be a thing even when you’re 24 and out of college… right? I vote yes! My girlfriends and I decided to celebrate Jenn’s 25th birthday in Miami during peak spring break season and it was a total blast. We took off from Philly on Saturday morning, landed in Miami around 9:30am and it was all fun in the sun from there. While a majority of our time was spent poolside, we did venture out a bit so I wanted to share a snapshot of our girls trip to Miami!
W H E R E W E S T A Y E D
We stayed in South Beach at the Nautilus by Arlo. If you’re familiar with the “insta-famous” Arlo from NYC, this is one of their sister properties. The hotel itself was just what we needed for a couple of days. It had a lobby coffee bar, on-site restaurant, cocktail lounge, beach access and of course, a decent pool area serving up drinks and snacks. The rooms themselves need a little bit of help, but you don’t go to Miami to spend time in your room so we didn’t mind too much. The property itself felt very clean and safe, however they did not clean the rooms daily due to C-19. Are there nicer places in Miami? Absolutely! But for the price and location it was great for the 2 days we were there 🙂
W H E R E W E W E N T
To be completely honest, we had made dinner reservations every night and didn’t make it to a single one… we have the fun pool days to blame for that! I don’t think you care to know my opinion on the local pizza shop that we resorted to from missing our reservation, so instead I will share where we had planned to go!
- Broken Shaker – Seemed like a fun spot to grab a light bight, enjoy some cocktails and music.
- Cecconni’s – every Miami travel guide I read prior to the trip recommended this place!
So we didn’t miss alllll of our reservations and actually went to a few fun spots which I will note below!
- Little Hen – This place was a must for us and I would highly recommend a brunch reservation here with your girlfriends! This place is absolutely adorable, has the most aesthetically pleasing details and delicious food.
- Joe and the Juice – I know, I know… this is a chain! BUT it was close to our hotel and has great healthy options when you’re craving something yummy and green. Plus they have coffee, too!
- The Deck at Wynwood Marketplace – After a night of dancing and drinks, it was fun to end the night at The Deck. We arrived right around 11pm, getting close to bar close which is currently 12am in Miami, so things were winding down. It was a large outdoor space that had plenty of nooks for seating and mingling with friends.
- El Patio – Okay so our Uber driver recommended this place and it was so weird… I would just not waste your money here and find something else! Just very strange is all I have to say about this spot.
W H A T I W O R E
This trip was the definition of spontaneous and nearly everything we had planned, didn’t happen and everything we never expected, did happen. But hey, when you’re on a trip with your girlfriends that really isn’t a bad thing sometimes! That being said, I had planned so many fun outfits to wear during our trip and ended up only wearing 2 of them! I did, however, partner with Luba by Payne (an adorable brand I’ve been sharing with you guys for a while) and they sent me a few pieces to wear & shoot down in Miami so I will share/link everything I did get a chance to wear below 🙂
And that’s a warp on Miami! I had such a fun time spending these few days in paradise with some of my closest friends. If you’re ever contemplating a trips with your girls, don’t hesitate – just do it! You will never regret the memories made.
I hope you all have a wonderful week! SO happy we can finally start traveling (safely) again!
Leave a Reply