2020 has been a whirlwind between the closures and our new socially distant lifestyle, but despite all the craziness we can’t forget that summer (along with every other season) hasn’t been cancelled! Pull out your cute summer dresses and those shoes you bought last season and have been just waiting to wear because in today’s post I am sharing my favorite “socially distant” approved things to do here in Philly this summer. Grab a lemonade (or a cocktail) and enjoy!
- Coffee at the original La Columbe in Fishtown – nothing beats a cold brew with their famous oat milk draft latte on a hot summer day. Ask for a Black & Tan – thank me later 🙂
- Walk through Old City/Society Hill – in my opinion, this is one of the most charming parts of the city and perfect for both the history lover and content creator looking for the most “Instagrammable” spot.
- Picnic in Rittenhouse Square – another beautiful spot in the city, Rittenhouse Square is the perfect spot to plant yourself for a picnic in the park. Grab a Frosé and cheese board to-go from Parc and enjoy an hour or two sippin’, snackin’ and people watchin’ in the park.
- Visit a Beer Garden – no summer or visit to Philly is complete without a visit to one of the many beer garden’s the city has to offer. Some of my favorites include; Frankford Hall, Independence Beer Garden, Goose Island and Philadelphia Brewing.
- Rent Bikes – I wouldn’t dare ride a bike through the city streets, but if you’re looking for a relaxing way to capture one of the best views of the city check out Wheel Fun Rentals near Boathouse Row. Here you can rent bikes and bike along the river.
- Drinks along the River – if biking along the river isn’t your thing, perhaps a drink along the river is. Philly has some great spots right on the Delaware which all offer a fun atmosphere and amazing views of the Benjamin Franklin Bridge. Some of my favorite spots are; Morgans Pier, Cherry St. Pier and Spruce Street Park.
- Check out Summerfest – taking place right along the Delaware, Summerfest is the best place in the city to release your inner child (and some built up stress, too). Play a round of mini golf and carnival games, ride the ferris wheel or relax and un-wind at the “socially distant” built in beach. Count me in!
- Rooftop Bar – there aren’t too many rooftop bars around the city, but the ones we’ve got are pretty great. Some of my favorite spots to enjoy a drink accompanied by city views are: Assembly, Attico, Stratus and Bok Bar.
- Boutique Hop – as a frequent boutique shopper, it took me a while to really find my favorites here in Philly, but once I did, I became obsessed… enjoy an afternoon boutique hopping in Fishtown, Old City or Rittenhouse and be sure to check out my favorites: Downerss (Fishtown), NAAZ (Fishtown), Smak Parlour (Old City) and DFTI (Rittenhouse).
- Dine at a BYOB – they supply the food, you supply the booze! It’s hard to beat bringing your favorite wine along to dinner… This is a great way to go out with your gals (or your guy!) on a budget while still having a fun night out. Some of my favorite BYOB’s are: Bistro La Baia, Square Pie (currently only takeout) and Giorgio on Pine. *Be sure to make a reservation in advance.*
Leave a Reply