Love Day is near and this year, I decided to get a little festive with it by decking out my bar cart. Whether you chose to celebrate the holiday or avoid it all costs, sprucing up your bar cart with pinks, reds and florals galore is harmless – right?!
How does one go about decorating a bar cart you say, well, it’s easy! First things first, I always like to start with what I consider bar cart essentials: fun glasses, a drink mixer, pellegrino water and of course a wine rack. Having these staples gives you the building blocks for your bar cart.
Next up is the fun part… adding the decor! While I definitely have a few go-to pieces for decorating, here are some ideas to get you started:
- Flowers – no bar cart is truly complete without flowers. It’s an easy way to mix in a pop of color!
- Hand Towels – Cute little hand towels are super easy to find and always update with the holidays. I find my favorites in the off-price world but Anthropologie has some super cute options too.
- Decorative Signs – You know those little wooden signs that everyone likes to give as gifts but then you don’t really know what to do with them afterwards? Here’s a secret – they’re perfect for your bar cart!
- Picture Frames – We all have an extra frame lying around somewhere… put it to use and spice up your bar cart! Instead of printing off a classic picture, trying swapping out a photo for a printable art print. There are tons of great options here.
- Coasters – There are so many fun varieties of coasters these days that I constantly find myself gravitating to more and more! Currently I have marble coasters with a gold rim on my cart.
- Crystal Decanter – Nothing is more classy than having a crystal decanter filled with a little bit of bourbon…
- Something Sweet – If you’re like me, you’ve got a sweet tooth. Add a little treat to your bar cart by incorporating a fun candy. Wiley Wallaby sent me some yummy licorice for V-Day and it added the perfect little touch – along with my peanut butter m&m’s for color 🙂
- Magazines & Books – Got a pile of magazine laying around that you don’t know what to do with? Add some dimension to your bart cart by stacking up a few magazines and placing those cute little wine glasses we talked about on top.
- Festive Banner/Garland – Birthdays, holidays, everyday occasions… you name it! There is a banner and/or garland for it. Tie a little pom pom garland across your bar cart for everyday style or dress it up for the holidays with a banner (easily found in the target dollar section or the party section).
- Paper Goods – It never hurts to have some napkins and straws handy on your bar cart, but instead of being boring with it – make it cute! Grab some fancy napkins and place some pretty straws in a mason jar.
There really is no limit as to what you can put on your bar cart, the best thing you can do is to just get creative with it! Have some clever ideas? Share with me in the comments of this post!
Lastly, start thinking about what kind of liquor you want to add to your bar cart. For my wine lovers, I suggest trying out Winc Wine. They offer a variety of fantastic wine brands (some exclusive to Winc!) and the best part? It’s delivered right to your door. I’ve used Winc’s services a couple of times now and have yet to be disappointed by any of their wines – (two of my favorites are Chop Shop and Folly on the Beach). The first step in the ordering process is to take a short quiz which helps to determine your wine preferences and recommends wines based on your answers. Typically, it will give you the option for 2 reds and 2 whites, but you can customize your order to however you like. I usually do 2 reds, 1 white and a rose in the summer/spring months and 3 reds and 1 white during the winter. I love how simple it is to swap between the different wines and try new ones too! Also, because it’s almost just as important as the wine itself… the packaging is super cute too 🙂
If you’re interested in trying 4 bottles of Winc wine for $39 along with complimentary shipping – click here! Trust me… you won’t regret it!
And there you have it! A few simple ideas on how to dress up your bar cart not just for Valentines Day, but everyday. This Valentines Day is going to be a bit different for me as I will not be spending it with Jason since our schedules don’t quite align for the distance and travel BUT I am super excited for a little Galentines outing with my girlfriends. How are you spending Valentines this year?