Good-morning from the rockies! I am writing this post accompanied by the stunning beauty of the rocky mountains and I think it’s safe to say that this spot brings quite the inspiration.
The last time I was up in the mountains was 7 years ago when I was here during my freshman year of high-school, man does that feel like a long time ago! My family used to always visit Steamboat, CO, during winter break with all of our cousins and other relatives where we’d stay in our family owned lodge up in the mountains. I have so many good memories from those years in Steamboat, but this time around my friends and I are hitting the slopes in Vail & Beaver Creek! Check back with me tomorrow to see if I survive day one… ha!
But beyond the slopes, I was surprised to find that Colorado is actually SO much warmer than Minnesota. No need for bulky jackets, heavy winter gear or chunky boots. It’s the ultimate winter dream! However, even though it’s near 50 degrees warmer, I’m still playing around with layers to get the perfect winter layered look.
I love the style I’m sharing today with the mix of neutral tones. I would say 90% of my daily wardrobe is black, and the other 10% is made up by camel, grey, cream and white. I’m working on a capsule wardrobe for 2018 and you bet I’ll be sharing my results here on B&B!
Scarves are one of my favorite winter accesories. They have the ability to take an outfit from zero to ten with just the tossing of a scarf. This simple plaid scarf here was a favorite from my Style the Night event with Primp boutique this fall and has comfortably found it’s way into my weekly wear.
I’m all about tucking in a shirt into high-waisted skirts, jeans, etc. but for this look I let the sweater flow, showing off the fringed hem detailing at the bottom – another favorite piece!
Packing for this trip I mainly brought along my favorites pieces that I knew I’d be able to wear multiple different ways, and sure enough, this outfit here made the trip.
Well, that’s all for now – we’re off to hit the slopes! Wish me luck!
Photos Courtesy of Joanna Liu Photography