Okay guys, here it is… I will admit that I am probably the worst when it comes to having a major sweet tooth. Sour, sweet, chocolate – you name it, chances are, I love it. Now when it comes to health and sticking to a balanced diet, obviously I’m not indulging in these goodies on a daily basis nor all that often for that matter, because as always it’s important to keep these goodies in moderation. And while I get that this time of year is EXTREMELY hard with sticking to a strict workout routine and straying from all the sweets and treats, it’s not worth it to give up your hard work from the rest of the year for a season of sugar highs and red cups.
In order to keep you on track this holiday season, I’ve included Nutrition Specialist, Michelle Berry’s, tips on how to stay fit throughout the holiday season… here ya’ go!
• Be consistent with your workouts. Even moderate intensity workouts can burn 300-400 calories per hour
• Eat breakfast. People who eat breakfast tend to consume fewer calories throughout the day versus than those who skip
• Keep a food journal. Write down EVERYTHING you eat. It’s proven that keeping a food journal results in better weight control
• Manage your hunger. Drink water and have a protein-filled snack before heading to a party. You’ll be less likely to splurge on treats
• Weigh yourself once a week. It’s a great way to stay on track with your goals
• Get rid of leftovers. If you have unhealthy leftovers in your home, you’re more apt to indulge. Freeze them, give them away, or toss them. Out of sight, out of mind
See? That’s not so bad! I encourage each and every one of you to stay as fit and healthy as can be this holiday season and challenge you to take care of yourself + your diet.
Like what you see? Read the full article over on the Elite Fitness site.
Happy holidays + healthy munching