Packing for spring break can seem like a haul when there’s so much to remember, in so little time! Breaking it down, here’s what you really need for spring break.
1. Flattering Swimsuit – the go to for when you’ve maybe had one to many drinks, this suit is going to be there for you at all times, hugging those gorgeous curves and flattering the fabulous you.
2. Wear Everywhere Heels – I’m hands down all for heels, I wear them everywhere. But having the right pair makes all the difference when it comes to color, comfort and versatailiy. Packing for spring break is already a task of it’s own, ease up the process and save some room by taking away the bulk of multiple shoes and replacing it with one wear everywhere heel – cause we’re gonna be barefoot all day anyway am I right?!
3. Cute Coverups – Having the perfect coverup is essential. Opt for something that’s easy to toss on over your suit (such as a kimono) dries easily and doesn’t cling on to scents (since you’ll likely be using this piece almost everyday)
4. Shady Sunnies – Of course your travel wardrobe isn’t complete without the perfect pair of sunnies to keep you fashionably mysterious and shaded all week long. But my advice to you, is don’t go out and buy a brand new pair of Ray Bans or some crazy expensive pair as you’ll most likely end up losing them, breaking them or worse . . . Check out these savvy shade styles for affordable and cute sunny style.
5. Must-Have Favorites – Forget the rest, these are the only toiletries you need – These lifesaving products are going to make your week a refreshing breeze when coming in and out of the salty sea, shinning sun and all of the other chaos you’re going to be putting your bod through. My go to sunscreen is Hawaiian Tropic Silk Hydration for it’s delicious scent and range of protection, don’t be dumb – cover up and protect your skin… if you bought a red swimsuit like me, you certainly don’t want to match it! (Plus some packs even come with aloe vera – bonus!) Ladies, let’s be honest, dry shampoo is a lifesaver which is why I opt for Dove’s refreshing dry shampoo for my non-hair washing days . . . it’s hassle free! Last but not least, soak up the salty sea and use it to your advantage with natural waves for your hair. Simply spritz a little of Not Your Mothers Beach Babe Soft Waves Sea Salt Spray into your hair, give it a little scrunch and let it set. Soon enough you’ll be looking fresh, beachy and all natural.
6. Brighten it Up – Black is constantly our go-to for daily dressing, but now that you’re on vacation it’s time to ditch the darks and bring out the bright fun colors of summer and freshen up your insta feed with beautiful bold hues! (Stay tuned for some of my favorite vacay-pieces!)
Packing Tip: Try and pick a color scheme and stick to it. For example; Blue, White, Beige, and Pink . . . choosing colors that mix and match well together automatically saves room while packing and gives you twice as many outfits to wear!
7. Happy Tunes – Sit back, relax, and soak up the sun while listening to your pre-made balanced blend of happy, sunny songs to further brighten your spring break mood! Here’s a tid-bit of what I’ll be listening to at take-off from the airport …
- Ocean Drive; Duke Dumont
- Withdrawal; Max Frost
- Adventure; Cheat Codes
- Move; Saint Motel
- Vowels; Capital Cities
- Landslide; Vicetone
- Would I Lie to You; David Guetta
- Wasted Love; City and Colour
- Aloha; Mome
- HandClap; Fitz and The Tantrums
- The Ocean; Mike Perry
- Undone; Dropout
- Alive; Mome
- Cold Dust Girl; Hey Champ
- Cocoon; Milky Chance
8. A good read – Nothing says relaxation quite like a good book and some sun. Kick back, relax, and enjoy reading something other than your textbook! I’m a sucker for the latest magazines, but here’s what I’m packing along to read at the beach:
– After You (sequel to me before you)
– Something Borrowed (oldie but a goodie!)
– The Girl You Left Behind
That’s all I’ve got for now – Wishing you all the most enjoyable and relaxing Spring Break! Got some exciting plans? Share your spring break fun in the comments below!